SCOOBY-DOO! THE GEARLOOSE MANSION


"This workshop will be cool, it will have a comfortable waiting room and so on, but it certainly doesn't shine for speed," said a boy with unkempt hair.
"You're always so whiny, Shaggy! You don't even know what's the problem with the van; besides, we've only been here for half an hour, it might take hours, who knows," replied a girl with glasses and an intellectual air.
"What ?! Hours?!" Shaggy collapses to the ground in despair. 



"You could read one of these magazines. This one, for example, is very interesting: you should take a look at this article about Alabama in the second half of the nineteenth century."
Shaggy tossed a look of despair at his dog. Reciprocated.
"I have a better idea" a red-haired hottie slipped into the conversation "why don't you walk me and Velma to the clothes shop a few steps from here?"
"Velma? Clothes shop?" Velma winced.
"Come on, you promised me you'd try to makeover" replied Daphne "aren't you hot with that sweater? Summer is coming soon"
"My motto is: the more you cover yourself the less heat you get, like Tuareg people in the desert"
"Instead, what motto do you have to defend those shoes? You look like a hag"
"Well, they are comfortable"
Daphne rolled her eyes. "Come on, grab your bag and let's go. And you and Scooby-Doo come with us," she added turning to Shaggy.
"Are we leaving Fred here?" the boy asked.
"Oh yes, he loves teaching those who know more than him. He will be explaining to the mechanic how to fix the car."

*

"Velma, hurry up and pay. Fred texted me. The van is ready and we've been hired for an investigation," Daphne said.
"But I'm a bit undecided"
"Stop it, those sandals are lovely and they even complement your skirt"
Velma gave up.
Soon after, the four members of Mystery Incorporated (plus the dog Scooby-Doo) were ready to travel to Colorado. The van actually looked in great shape again judging by the roar of the engine. "Get out of the driver's seat, Shaggy. You don't even have a driver's license and I don't want to spend another day at the mechanic," Fred scolded.
 
"This mission looks very intriguing judging by the few elements we have," Velma said.
Fred didn't pay much attention to her words "Wow Velma, what unusual shoes for you"
"We went shopping," Daphne said.
"I never noticed how cute your feet were, I'd lick them all," said Fred. Velma blushed.
"Stop it, Fred, or my feet will get jealous," Daphne said with irritated irony.
Finally they set out.


*

The entrance to Tofsville was certainly not triumphal. Thick greenery almost entirely covered the welcome sign on which the writing had faded. The town appeared deserted and almost abandoned to itself, although the architecture of the buildings was not so terrible. It didn't take them long to find Taylor Sanchez's house; on the other hand Tofsville was really small.
They were greeted by a curious-looking girl. her  stern professor's glasses and long yellow and red striped stockings stood out above all. The inside of the house, which looked completely normal from the outside, was just as curious. Some strange painted pictures carpeted the bright orange walls . They portrayed the most disparate subjects: from totally improbable landscapes to still lifes in which a bunny with two heads peeped out. Equally bizarre objects were placed on furniture and shelves. Shaggy and Fred were particularly struck by a statuette of an elf who uttered foul epithets as soon as anyone was within a meter. "Sorry, my grandfather was a bit crazy and wasted money buying bad taste items. I'm only half crazy" said Taylor laughing "Yep, I painted the paintings" she told Velma who seemed quite interested.
The hostess arranged for the guests and made them sit at the table. It was time for dinner.
"Tofsville has been in anguish for some time," Taylor began to relate, "at least six people have disappeared in the past eight months, including my father. Why didn't the police intervene? Oh Jerry and Thomas, the two competent and not at all lazy units that make up the Tofsville police force intervened all right. And apparently those six people all had a valid reason for having spontaneously left the city. For example, my father would have fled to Colombia from his fiery mistress with whom he was having an affair even before my mother died. Well, I know for a fact that this is not the case. Three months ago she married a wealthy drug dealer and never wanted to hear about him again. My father passed away a month ago. ""Maybe he committed suicide!" Shaggy guessed in a clumsy tone. "Shaggy!" Daphne scolded.
"Don't worry, it was a plausible guess, after all. But I doubt it is. A handful of kilometers outside Tofsville is a huge villa, apparently uninhabited. Yet several Tofsville residents who passed  by chance heard strange screams coming from it. villa. Heartbreaking and frightening screams. One evening I walked around there and I think I recognized my father's voice. "
Shaggy swallowed, terrified. Scooby did the same.
"The police say they did an inspection and found nothing suspicious. I doubt there ever was. Apparently the mansion belongs to a Denver businessman who hasn't set foot in it for years."
"Do you think it has anything to do with this?" Velma asked.
"I don't know, but I lean towards no. That's why ..." Taylor hesitated for a moment "I know it's wrong to ask you and it's illegal, but ... could you start your investigation by searching the villa? I didn't have the courage, but I have an idea of ​​how to get in. I can feel it, I know my father is there and ... "the girl suddenly burst into tears.
"Hey! Why don't we eat the good food you prepared for us now and resume the discussion tomorrow morning, when we are fresh and rested?" Fred said. And that's what they did.

*

After dinner everyone went straight to bed, except Velma and Taylor. The two talked for hours. They found they had a lot in common: from Russian literature to comics, from Pearl Jam's grunge to Jean Cocteau's theater.
 
"Can I tell you something about the plan to sneak into the mansion?" Taylor asked. Velma agreed enthusiastically. Taylor took the laptop. The plan of the villa was depicted on the screen.
"The Gearloose Mansion?"
"Ah yes, that's what they call it, don't ask me why. Anyway, did you see this room? It's the living room, and this is a large window. All we need is a big stone and sturdy arms that threw it against the window, shattering the glass "
"Is that the plan?" Velma asked, startled.
Taylor burst out laughing. "Of course not, I'm too tired to be able to explain a complex plan"
Velma joined in the laughter "I'm too tired too if I didn't realize you were joking"
The two young women laughed to tears. Her eyes met. Taylor placed her hand on Velma's left leg, then moved it in the direction of the portion of skin hidden by the skirt She gently grabbed Velma's face with her other hand and brought it close to hers.
"Wait, I can't," Velma said.
"Sorry, I'm an idiot," Taylor replied.
"No, don't get me wrong. I'm attracted to you at least as much as you are to me, but I don't think it's the right time, it wouldn't be professional. How about postponing everything until we have solved the case?"
"You're right," Taylo replied, unable to completely hide her disappointment. "Maybe it's time to go to bed."

Velma walked down the corridor that the bedrooms looked out onto as quietly as possible. Then she went into hers. She sat down, she was tired and had a lot to think about. She noticed that she couldn't see anything  in the dark. Se switched on the light, turned and let out a scream.
Taylor rushed and immediately understood.
"Oops, I know, that puppet is too realistic"

"What puppet? Do you say this one? , This depicting life sized puppet of a scary alien mermaid? I hadn't even noticed it," Velma joked.


*

 
The next morning Taylor explained to the group how to get into the Gearloose Mansion, at least in theory. They would act at night, away from possible prying eyes.
The rest of the day was unsuccessful:  the few Tofsville residents crossed in the street were reluctant to provide information. So when it was dinner time again they had nothing more than what Taylor told them. Having eaten some poor quality hamburgers at the only restaurant in town, it was time for action.
They left the van in front of the villa. A little later they were already inside. It had been easier than expected; Taylor's suggestions were not even needed. They crossed a vast and neglected garden. To their surprise they found that the door of the building was open. It was pitch dark inside, but luckily the lights worked; evidently the owner was still paying the bills. The interior was absolutely bare and sterile.
The four began exploring the area. "This place gives me the creeps" Shaggy complained "we mustn't part for any reason." He didn't have time to finish speaking that Daphne was gone. "Oh my God! They kidnapped her!"
"He'll be gone for a moment, Shaggy, don't worry," Fred assured him.
"There's nothing interesting here," Velma said, disappointed.
"This place is huge, it's too early to tell," Fred argued.

*

"Oh my God, where did I go?" Daphne wondered "not even in the worst horror movies do they put some candlesticks that operate secret passages anymore ... and instead here I am. The phone doesn't even work ... shit, what was it? It sounded like a man's moan. It came from that staircase".
She went upstairs, heard another groan, then another. She walked down the corridor until she looked out into a room and saw the body of an unconscious man on the ground. Daphne rolled her eyes. "I know this man."

That man opened his eyes.


*


Velma, Fred and Shaggy continued to search without finding anything of relevance. "Taylor must have made a mistake. This house is completely deserted," admitted Fred.
"But, why keeping  such a huge house all this time? Didn't it make sense to sell it anymore? Or invest in it? Taylor said the owner is an entrepreneur, why didn't he do anything about it? He could turn it into a hotel or something like that" said Velma.
"Or in a restaurant," Shaggy suggested, given that he was obsessed with food.
"It's true, there is something strange, but nothing that can help us to find Taylor's father," said Fred.
"Aaaaaaaaargh!" a terrible scream cut the air.
"Shit, it sounded like Daphne's voice"
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!"
"They are screams of pain, someone is torturing her. We must find her now!"
The frantic search led them to a huge hall. There they found Daphne. She was tied by her wrists to a rope attached to the ceiling, her clothes were torn and her gaze lost in space.
"Daphne what did they do to you ?! Let's come and free you," fred yelled at her.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH !!" the poor girl got an electric shock that was, judging by the scream, much more powerful than the previous ones.
"Daphne! Noooo!!"

 


It was a chilling scene. Velma couldn't even look. More shocks hit Daphne, tearing her clothes almost to leave her naked. At that moment Daphne's body looked as sinuous and perfect as it was fragile.

Fred watched helplessly. Then suddenly the marble slab on which he rested his feet lit up and he too was electrocuted. The same happened to Shaggy, while Scooby managed to escape. The slab under Velma, on the other hand, opened, letting it fall into an apparent void.

 

*

 

Velma opened her eyes. She understood that she had lost consciousness, but above all she realized that she was "chained" to a strange and threatening ring-shaped machine. Wrists and ankles were wrapped in a series of lightning bolts that linked her to that structure. Velma, who was also a geek, had no idea what kind of technology that was. She was frightened: she had seen what had happened to Daphne and was practically certain that the same fate would befall her.

 Then she heard a familiar voice. "Velma! Are you okay?". It was Taylor.
"Taylor! Thank goodness! Please set me free"
Taylor burst out laughing. "Unfortunately you misunderstood, Velma. It's me to put you up there"
"What are you saying ?! Don't joke. Do you want to hurt me? I thought there was something between us"
"That's right, in fact. I have a very strong sexual attraction towards you. And why not, even human. But you know what turns me on as hell? The idea of ​​being able to torture people, and tonight I have the opportunity to do it for real . So I'm sorry, but I feel the need to press this button "
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" Velma was hit by a very painful and prolonged electrical discharge. "Please stop! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" Her sweater tattered to reveal two perky, firm breasts.


"Who are you really? Why are you doing this to us?"
"I am Taylor Seymour, daughter of Charles Seymour". Velma's blood went cold. "By the way, soon he will come by to greet you, I think you remember him. I guess you remember the people whose life is ruined"
"Of course I remember it, and I'm glad I ruined the life of a criminal madman"
"Watch your mouth"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH !!" After that last shock Velma fainted again.


*


Fred, Daphne, Velma and Shaggy were bound side by side, unconscious. Charles Seymour woke them with a bucket of water.
"Wake up, late risers. Come on, this bad night is about to end. Soon you can go back to those sewers of your houses. Happy? Were you afraid I wanted to kill you? No, I just wanted to teach you a lesson."
"I don't take lessons from a thug," bellowed Fred.
"Would I be a thug? I am a brilliant hero that you have prevented from saving the world by having me thrown in jail for six long years"
"You were building a machine capable of killing millions of people"
"Only those who pollute this planet with their ignorance and their greed"
"You don't have to decide who is worth living," Velma said. "By the way, how did you get out of jail?"
"I didn't run away, I served all the years they had given me. Those fools in the court believed that my goal was just to blow up the town hall as a demonstration act. Plus I well played the card of insanity."
"Well, this once you'll do time and rot in jail"
"You say, Daphne? The imprisoned ones look like you. Unfortunately for you, I'm changing my mind. You haven't learned any lessons. Taylor, go get the tools. These kids need to scream some more."
Bang!
Taylor fell to the ground like a stone.
Bang! Charles Seymour did the same. They both were dead.
Jerry and Thomas appeared from the shadows. Beside them was Scooby. The dog, who had managed to escape, had gotten the attention of the two policemen and led them there.
Fred, Daphne, Velma and Shaggy were safe.


Note: The materials displayed above are just fantasies. All the characters are the intellectual property of their owners and hereby used solely for the purpose of fan-based fiction and artistic expression. This blog is absolutely against all forms of violence and harassment.

Comments